Summer Intensive English Course for Graduates
July 01, 2022
The objective of this short-term intensive course is to train graduate students in such a way as to increase their abilities in English oral expression, to the point where they can participate in tertiary education in the English-speaking world, or be active as members of international research communities in the near future.
The course is titled “Oral Expression in English GⅢ”, and is for graduate students. This is an English elective subject, and participants are eligible to receive 2 units of credit.
Oral Expression in English GⅢ
August 23-26, 29 and 31 (Schedule may change)
|Classroom||ZOOM (H104 is also available if needed.)|
This six-day intensive course, focused on helping students get their point across on various STEM issues, is designed for those wanting to practice and enhance their English speaking and presentation skills. It will be student-centered, with active participation expected every day. Students will be given various topics designed to utilize and boost their critical thinking skills through discussion and debate. They will also be required to make two presentations (pair and individual), and write a couple of short essays. Vocabulary building and active listening will also be critical components of the course.
|Textbook||All materials to be distributed in class.|
|Evaluation||30% Attendance and Class Participation, 50% Pair & Final Presentations, 20% Short Essays|
Course Requirements and Application (GⅢ)
- Terms of Eligibility for Graduates
- Limited to 20 students. Places are assigned on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Students are required to attend all dates.
- “Oral Expression in English GⅠA” and “Oral Expression in English GⅢ” will be offered at the same time.
- Students who are planning to graduate in September 2022 will not be able to receive credits for this course in time for the graduation decision deadline.
- Students who register/add to the course via the Kyomu Web System but do not complete the Google Form application will not be able to take the course.
- Application Procedure: Apply by Google Form available on the Foreign Language Section Website
(The link will be installed on the Foreign Languages Section Website only during the application period.)
- Application Period: August 1, 10:30am – August 5, 5pm
*July 25, 10:30am– July 29, 5pm for students in the Global Scientists and Engineers Course
- Applicants not requesting credit should send an email to the following email address.
Students requesting credit are given priority, while other applicants will be given a place if available.
(**The SELECTION results will be notified after all applications have been received.)
E-mail address: eigoscr_a_fl.ila.titech.ac.jp (Please change “_a_” to an at mark.)
Subject: “Course Title” non-credit application.
Please include your name and student ID number in the body of your email.