International Exchange Program: Outbound 2021 Autumn
April 28, 2021
The International Exchange Program (Outbound) of the Engineering Schools is accepting applications.
Before applying, students must read through the website and comply with the guidelines.
Study abroad expenses are partially provided to successfully nominated students.
Based on the Engineering Schools’ funding policy for its international exchange program, financial support is provided for
1) Outbound students who will participate in research under the supervision of professors in the host university
2) Outbound students who will conduct research to broaden their own research field
Students engaging in the following are NOT eligible to receive funding through this program.
1) Joint research between an overseas university and Tokyo Tech
2) Research related to students’ thesis research or dissertation
3) Study abroad solely focusing on acquiring course credits
– Program Categories Open for Application: (C1) – (C4)
– Period of start studying abroad: Between September ~ November, 2021
*The period of stay shall not be less than 2 months.
– Prospective Applicants: Students who are enrolled in a master’s or doctoral degree program at the Engineering Schools (School of Engineering, School of Materials and Chemical Technology, and School of Environment and Society) as of April, 2021
*Working adult students are NOT eligible.
– Deadline: Noon on Tuesday, May 18, 2021
*Applications that arrive after this deadline will not be processed, regardless of reason.
– Interview: Afternoon on Wednesday, May 26, 2021
– Tokyo Tech sets guidelines for safe overseas study based on the “Travel Advice and Warnings” published on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ (MOFA) Overseas Safety website.
Some areas are designated as Level 2 or higher. This call is for the case these Levels will be lower.
Please note that you may discontinue your overseas study or change your plan depending on the situations.
[Administration] Where to apply & enquire
International Exchange Team